Product Manager Role
We’re looking for a product visionary who loves to innovate and iterate.
At Acceptd, our purpose is to help people in the arts community flourish. We do this by connecting artists with opportunities and communities that matter most to them. Our goal is to be the #1 centralized resource for the arts industry. In pursuit of this, we have helped over 350,000 artists follow their calling by creating a software platform for them to identify, apply, and get accepted to the arts programs of their dreams. We partner with thousands of leading music, dance, theatre, and visual arts programs so our artists have great opportunities to apply to—from world-renowned conservatories and universities to festivals, competitions, workshops, and young artist programs.
We are seeking an experienced Product Manager with a passion for ideating, strategizing, and executing on a product vision. We know Product Management can be a nebulous term and can vary between departments, companies, and industries. So here’s what we’re looking for at Acceptd:
- Work with the senior leadership team to create product vision and strategy that will continue to drive growth and innovation and meet business objectives
- Take a leadership role on the software development team in collaboration with Lead Developer, ensuring the team meets execution goals by breaking down work into defined sprints
- Plan and prioritize the product roadmap and maintain a product backlog to meet quarterly objectives/KPIs
- Provide vision and direction to the development team and company stakeholders for the product, and create clear written requirements
- Drive the full product lifecycle, including ideation, design, implementation, testing, and iteration
- Follow our competitors and the industry—identify trends, be predictive, and aggressive
- Build out analytics capabilities to monitor new and existing client interactions with the goal of learning new product insights
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Manager, Business Systems Analyst, or Founder of a startup, small business, or business unit
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or another quantitative field a plus
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, presentation, and leadership skills; collaborative in nature
- Highly analytical—ability to leverage customer research and analytics to drive product strategy; take a customer centric approach
- Familiarity with current Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
- Creative thinker with strong product vision and ability to identify future trends through continual interaction with artists and clients
- Product domain expertise spanning the customer discovery, planning and product development process
- Entrepreneurial, “get ‘r done” attitude with ability to iterate and execute quickly, driving results in a fast-paced environment
Why join our tribe?
- You will belong.We are a small, but mighty team that loves to radically serve each other, our artists, and our clients to bring about flourishing in the world.
- You will be a leader.We commit to excellence in everything we do. We are a group of tenacious, enthusiastic leaders who get results. We bring our “A” game to everything we do and are fanatical about the details.
- You will grow as a person.We embrace growth even when it’s uncomfortable. We prioritize your professional, personal, and relational growth.
- You will create and spread joy.We make the decision to choose joy everyday. We believe joy is contagious and want to spread it to everyone we interact with, including you.
To apply for this role please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Acceptd enriches the lives of artists by connecting them with the opportunities and communities that matter most to them. As a Social Media Contributor, you will be responsible for bringing the Acceptd brand to life through compelling storytelling utilizing relevant social media channels, including content for Facebook, Instagram, the Acceptd Blog, our newsletter and other channels. You will also monitor social channels and engage with our audience.
Excellent writing skills are required. A strong interest in, and knowledge of social media and the performing arts is a must. This is a part-time, contracted role to start. This is an ideal role for an artist currently in college or a recent college graduate pursuing an arts or media career.
You will lead the way to:
- Develop dynamic written and visual content for Acceptd’s marketing channels.
- Source existing written and visual content for Acceptd’s marketing channels.
- Work with designers to create original, visually compelling content.
- Cover local live arts related events for Acceptd.
- Interview artists for Acceptd marketing and social channels.
- Follow, engage, and interact with Acceptd’s audience on social media channels.
- Identify and build rapport with arts influencers.
This is the job for you if:
- You have a passion for the arts.
- You love and know social media.
- You are obsessively well organized.
- You love to laugh often.
- You enjoy working alongside creative people with a common goal.
- You like the occasional competitive game of ping pong.
- You are a great volleyball setter (just sayin’ the Acceptd team could use one)
- Acceptd has consistently been recognized as one of the top companies to work for in Columbus.
- If you want to work in a rapidly growing, fast-paced company – Acceptd is for you!
To apply for this role please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.