Five Things To Do This Summer
1. Get to know our new Acceptd team members, Abby and Chase!
As we start to plan for the next admissions cycle, we wanted to let you know about our big update this Spring! Bryn has stepped into the role of Director of Operations here at Acceptd, which will allow her to continue to serve our partners at a higher level.
We are excited to let you know that we’ve been expanding the Account Relations Team, with our new Account Relations Specialist, Chase Irwin, and Account Relations Associate, Abby Frank! We're committed to helping our partners flourish and providing extraordinary client support. The formation of this full team is just one more way for us to provide you with the best service. Our full team, Emily, Dana, Chase, and Abby, look forward to continuing to be an extension of your team in the 2019-20 cycle!
My name is Abby Frank!
I recently graduated from THE Ohio State University with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Dance, with a Minor in Nonprofit Studies. In my free time I enjoy watching movies, trying new CrockPot recipes, and playing outside with my dogs, Jagr and Bogey.
My name is Chase Irwin!
I began working at Acceptd this past April, and have loved every minute of my time here. I have been playing cello for 15 years, and even went to college as a music major (ended up switching to a minor about half-way).
2. Prepare for your next cycle
- Are you ready to archive this years applications? Reach out to Account Relations and we’ll make sure everything is archived before you begin to update your programs for the next cycle.
- What happens when applications are archived? Archived submissions are moved to a new table which you can access from Manage Organization > Archived Submissions. From here you can still view past applications and export information.
- How do I update my programs? After your current programs have been archived and duplicated, you can start to update your landing page, guidelines, confirmation messages, etc. We encourage you to reach out to us so we can help to update your audition schedule, secondary stages, and application questions.
3. Join an Account Relations training
We are dedicated to helping our partners stay up to date on the Acceptd platform! Join us if you’d like to learn a little more, hear about new features, or just want a refresher. This summer our trainings will focus on our administrators and starting in the Fall and Winter, you will see more trainings for your reviewers. Visit our Orientations and Webinars page for a full list of trainings and descriptions.
- Account Owner Orientation
- Account Owner Training
- Program Manager Orientation
- Thursday, August 8, 2019 at 3pm EDT – Sign Up
- Recruitment Network Review
- Thursday, June 20, 2019 at 1pm EDT – Sign Up
4. Stay in touch with your applicants
Do you struggle to retain all of your committed incoming students? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. In our discussion about summer melt, you’ll hear Joel Wiley, Director of Admissions at the University of North Texas College of Music, and Shannon Ritter, Undergraduate Admissions & Recruitment in the School of Theatre at Penn State University explore strategies to help keep your students on track and motivated leading up to their first college semester. You can replay our conversation on the summer melt here.
5. Have fun! Here's what our team is looking forward to this summer:
“I’m excited to relax by the pool with a good book and plant my garden!” -Emily, Account Relations Manager
“I’m excited to enjoy my new backyard, do a little hiking and camping, and travel around for several summer weddings! ” -Dana, Account Relations Specialist
“This summer, I signed up to join a community orchestra, and excited to get back into playing!” -Chase, Account Relations Specialist
“This summer I look forward to exploring new restaurants in Columbus and going to the local Farmers Markets! ” -Abby, Account Relations Associate